E-REDES is one of the 20 entities promoting rePLANt, a project that is born from the need to develop integrated and innovative solutions that ensure the sustainable management of Portuguese forests, so that they can be cared, protected and a source of wealth for people, communities and the country.
As a result of the union of efforts of ForestWISE, rePLANt brings a new perspective on the integrated management of forest and fire, based on scientific and technological knowledge, through the introduction of new more efficient and intelligent equipment for the forest and with better environmental performance.
Its main objectives are:
- Introduce a high degree of innovation in forestry operations;
- Increase the internationalization capacity of companies in the sector;
- Stimulate the creation of new companies and skilled jobs in the forestry sector;
- Boost the competitiveness of the sector;
- Increase the safety of populations living in forest areas, reducing the risk of fires;
- Improve fire prevention and fighting systems;
- Preserving biodiversity.
With an operation period of 3 years, this is a project with a budget of 5.6 million euros, being supported at 3.3 million euros by Compete/Portugal 2020, through the Operational Program Competitiveness and Innovation (POCI) and the Operational Program Lisbon 2020.
may 7 2021