At the end of November, E-REDES, one of rePLANt’s partners, promoted the High Tech rePLANt, an event co-organized by CoLAB ForestWISE targeted to public entities, Government and entities of the Integrated Management System of Rural Fires (SGIFR).
This event, held at Leap Amoreiras, in Lisbon, showed the latest technological innovations of the different lines of action of this mobilizing project for the valorization and defense of the Portuguese forest.
The tests performed on smartphone apps for forest inventory, developed by ForestWISE, and the update of the land cover map for the entire national territory (2022), presented by Tesselo, which will contribute to obtain data such as the evolution of land cover and its current state, providing a decision-making support and improving the forest management process, were some of the results presented at this event.
To download the presentations, click on each subject:
- Trials of Pinus species in mainland Portugal
- New Technologies in Harvesting and Forestry Operations
- Mobile apps for Forest Inventory
- Forest intelligence with satellite images and AI
- LiDAR technology applied to biomass quantification
- Decision support systems for the management and resilience of REN’s gas and electricity infrastructure against wildfire risk